Job: Assistant Grower
Department: Plant Science
Position Type: Part-time – Permanent
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
AGEYE is looking for a part-time assistant grower to manage all operational aspects of our in-house plant lab. The Assistant Grower will be passionate about horticulture science and will share our values around all teams conducting high quality. Reporting to the Lead Plant Scientist, the Assistant Grower will contribute to research projects involving plant growth modeling. The Assistant Grower will be responsible for all daily plant production, seeding, germination processes, nutrient and seed inventories, insect and disease management, water and fertilizer management, tissue/water sampling and testing and automated system controls. The Assistant Grower must be able to operate with minimal supervision but also ask questions if they are not sure of the answer and create an open and honest environment for their team. The Assistant Grower position is a part-time position of roughly 20 hours per week. Hours may fluctuate depending on production needs. Start date as soon as possible.
- Help maintain healthy crops throughout the growing process.
- Help determine nutrient and watering/moisture requirements.
- Identify and problem solve crop issues and implement solutions.
- Test water and tissue to track/determine accurate levels of nutrients for plants growth.
- Oversee and monitor pH, EC, Temperature, Humidity, CO2 and VPD proper levels.
- Help with research by collecting plant growth data for all crops.
- Assist in the entire production process from seeding to harvest.
- Operate environmental controls to monitor temperature, humidity, CO2, fans, etc.
- System cleaning and upkeep between growing cycles to maintain a clean growing environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience working in a commercial indoor hydroponic farm or research lab.
- Experience with plant research in a nursery production or lab setting.
- Basic comprehension of hydroponic systems and plumbing.
- Understanding of horticulture and plant materials, propagation, pest management, crop production.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces in varied conditions
- Flexibility to work weekends if needed.