Job: Data Scientist / Computer Vision Engineer
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN) or Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
Are you an experienced data scientist looking to make a global impact while also working with bleeding edge technology? AgEye Technologies is looking for a talented computer vision and deep learning expert to join our growing data science team. You will be focused on developing and deploying image processing, machine learning or deep learning solutions that will have impact in the life sciences & agriculture industries.
- Research, design, implement, and deploy full-stack scalable computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning solutions to novel and R&D problems.
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art in computer vision and deep learning, including edge computing.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, segmentation, etc. – for both live video and static images.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes and work with the R&D, Sales and Marketing teams directly to uncover operational objectives and advance data collection.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, machine learning, physics, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong foundation in computer science, algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and statistics.
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning technologies.
- Proficiency with Tensorflow, Keras, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and associated packages, and image pre-processing methods.
- Experience working with small & large datasets for deep learning applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Proficient with edge computing principals and architecture.
- Exposure to IoT based applications.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Agriculture or Life Sciences
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.