Job: Hydroponic Grower
Department: Plant Science
Position Type: Part-time – Permanent
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
AgEye Technologies is looking for a part-time grower to manage all operational aspects of our in-house plant lab, including the production and research of crops in various hydroponic growing environments. The Grower will be responsible for plant handling, harvesting, seeding, monitoring, as well as collection of environmental and production data.
- General nursery duties such as propagating standard varieties of plant materials, collecting and germinating seeds, maintaining cuttings of plants if needed.
- Plan and manage planting schedules to ensure our entire system maintains full capacity.
- Vendor management for seeds, inputs and grow equipment.
- Operate laboratory equipment such as Spectroradiometer, pH and EC meters for environmental tests.
- Pest and nutrient management.
- Collect plant and environmental data and share with our data science team.
- Nutrient mixing and calculating of nutrient ratios for plant nutrient solutions.
- Sanitizing lab/plant materials and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in a commercial indoor hydroponic farm or research lab.
- Experience with plant research in a nursery production or lab setting.
- Basic comprehension of hydroponic systems and plumbing.
- Understanding of plant science, horticulture and plant materials, propagation, pest management, crop production.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces in varied conditions
- Flexibility to work weekends if needed.