Job: IoT Embedded Systems Engineer
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN) or Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
Are you an experienced embedded systems engineer looking to make a global impact while also working with bleeding edge technology? AGEYE Technologies is looking for a talented IoT Embedded Systems expert to join our growing engineering team. You will be focused on designing and deploying firmware that powers our AIoT devices within our Digital Horticulture Platform.
- Partner with R&D Product Lines to drive the Edge and Gateway IoT development strategy and architecture.
- Work with our existing team of hardware and embedded engineers to deliver advanced AIOT agriculture solutions, including work on low level peripheral driver development that leverages any low-end to high-end microcontrollers varying from RN4870, RN4020, ESP32, ESP8266, 8051 to MSP430 to ARM to DSPs.
- Drive Iterative Scoping and Definition, System Design, Coding development in Embedded C or assemble, Board Bring-Up and Validation of Assembled Boards.
- Shape and define the architecture and development strategy for the IoT device SDK.
- Be the subject matter expert in communication protocols, for example:
- IoT Protocols: MQTT, REST APIs, DDS, AMQP
- Wireless Edge Access Protocols: Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, Mesh
- Create engineering documents to comply with V&V product development policies, practices and procedures.
- Provide the technical insights to the team for their training and development and to solve issues that arise in our customer engagements globally with the goal of ensuring customer delight.
- Bachelors engineering degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics).
- 2+ years hands-on experience with embedded C firmware development for any microcontroller.
- Good understanding on architecture of MCUS and peripherals.
- Experience with memory, power, speed optimized applications.
- Experience with peripheral driver development with bare metal coding for Microcontroller/processor.
- Ability to create thorough test cases for complex embedded applications.
- Experience with over-the-air upgrades to the software and firmware of an embedded systems (e.g., A/B seamless update) is required.
- Hands on experience debugging communication protocols using instruments/analyzers.
- Strong understanding of compiler, linker, and development tools like code composer/cross composer/MP Lab, etc.
- Attitude of thoroughness in requirement gathering, design and validation of the design with strong pride in delivering well thought out and rigorously tested solutions.
- Ability to forecast technical risk for a project or engagement.
- Good communication skills with a track record of making impactful and effective design presentations is desired.
- Experience with RTOS, interface libraries USB drivers are additional plus.
- Good programming ability and competence in any middle or high level programming language such as C++, Python, Visual Studio.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Proficient with edge computing principals and architecture.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Agriculture or Life Sciences
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.