Job: API Software Application Developer
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN) or Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
AgEye Technologies is looking for a seasoned API Software Application Developer who will excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The API developer will work with other members of the Development Team to implement new features, enhancements and fixes for our Digital Horticulture Platform.
- Design, code, test and deploy new Web Services and Microservices.
- Analyze existing applications and systems and formulate logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, perform coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Designs and deploys new complex systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using both team and industry best practices and patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a technical field.
- 4 plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, LINQ, and REST.
- 4 plus years of experience with application design, implementation, maintenance, diagnosing/correcting issues, managing security vulnerabilities, and maintaining compliance with industry security standards under minimal direction.
- 4 plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required.
- Experience with API documentation (Postman Collection, Google Apigee, Paw3, etc.).
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON.
- Experience with Serverless AWS cloud technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, and others.
- Experience using NoSQL/SQL data stores.
- Familiar with a security-first/privacy-first approach to design/development.
- Willing to take ownership of products from design through delivery.
- Comfortable participating in team and individual code & design reviews and helping team members continuously improve skills.
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Exposure to IoT based applications.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Agriculture or Life Sciences
- Proficient with edge computing principals and architecture.
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with RDBMS, data modeling.
About AgEye Technologies
AgEye Technologies is pioneering the use of computer machine vision, deep learning neural networks and IoT-connected devices to create the next generation of intelligent agriculture solutions. We’re a dedicated team of agriculturists and technologists that have a passion for digital horticulture, artificial intelligence and creating a sustainable food supply for the growing global population. Our mission is to develop technology that will help produce better tasting, healthier crops that generate more profit, while also giving better visibility into large scale indoor farming operations. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests and experience in their particular field, and possibly other fields in which they display interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.