Job: Data Scientist / Computer Vision Engineer
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN) or Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
Are you an experienced data scientist looking to make a global impact while also working with bleeding edge technology? AgEye Technologies is looking for a talented computer vision and deep learning expert to join our growing data science team. You will be focused on developing and deploying image processing, machine learning or deep learning solutions that will have impact in the life sciences & agriculture industries.
- Research, design, implement, and deploy full-stack scalable computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning solutions to novel and R&D problems.
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art in computer vision and deep learning, including edge computing.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, segmentation, etc. – for both live video and static images.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes and work with the R&D, Sales and Marketing teams directly to uncover operational objectives and advance data collection.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, machine learning, physics, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong foundation in computer science, algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and statistics.
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning technologies.
- Proficiency with Tensorflow, Keras, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and associated packages, and image pre-processing methods.
- Experience working with small & large datasets for deep learning applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Proficient with edge computing principals and architecture.
- Exposure to IoT based applications.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Agriculture or Life Sciences
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.
About AgEye Technologies
AgEye Technologies is pioneering the use of computer machine vision, deep learning neural networks and IoT-connected devices to create the next generation of intelligent agriculture solutions. We’re a dedicated team of agriculturists and technologists that have a passion for digital horticulture, artificial intelligence and creating a sustainable food supply for the growing global population. Our mission is to develop technology that will help produce better tasting, healthier crops that generate more profit, while also giving better visibility into large scale indoor farming operations. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests and experience in their particular field, and possibly other fields in which they display interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.