Job: IoT Embedded Systems Engineer
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN) or Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
Are you an experienced embedded systems engineer looking to make a global impact while also working with bleeding edge technology? AgEye Technologies is looking for a talented IoT Embedded Systems expert to join our growing engineering team. You will be focused on designing and deploying firmware that powers our AIoT devices within our Digital Horticulture Platform.
- Partner with R&D Product Lines to drive the Edge and Gateway IoT development strategy and architecture.
- Work with our existing team of hardware and embedded engineers to deliver advanced AIOT agriculture solutions, including work on low level peripheral driver development that leverages any low-end to high-end microcontrollers varying from RN4870, RN4020, ESP32, ESP8266, 8051 to MSP430 to ARM to DSPs.
- Drive Iterative Scoping and Definition, System Design, Coding development in Embedded C or assemble, Board Bring-Up and Validation of Assembled Boards.
- Shape and define the architecture and development strategy for the IoT device SDK.
- Be the subject matter expert in communication protocols, for example:
- IoT Protocols: MQTT, REST APIs, DDS, AMQP
- Wireless Edge Access Protocols: Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, Mesh
- Create engineering documents to comply with V&V product development policies, practices and procedures.
- Provide the technical insights to the team for their training and development and to solve issues that arise in our customer engagements globally with the goal of ensuring customer delight.
- Bachelors engineering degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics).
- 2+ years hands-on experience with embedded C firmware development for any microcontroller.
- Good understanding on architecture of MCUS and peripherals.
- Experience with memory, power, speed optimized applications.
- Experience with peripheral driver development with bare metal coding for Microcontroller/processor.
- Ability to create thorough test cases for complex embedded applications.
- Experience with over-the-air upgrades to the software and firmware of an embedded systems (e.g., A/B seamless update) is required.
- Hands on experience debugging communication protocols using instruments/analyzers.
- Strong understanding of compiler, linker, and development tools like code composer/cross composer/MP Lab, etc.
- Attitude of thoroughness in requirement gathering, design and validation of the design with strong pride in delivering well thought out and rigorously tested solutions.
- Ability to forecast technical risk for a project or engagement.
- Good communication skills with a track record of making impactful and effective design presentations is desired.
- Experience with RTOS, interface libraries USB drivers are additional plus.
- Good programming ability and competence in any middle or high level programming language such as C++, Python, Visual Studio.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Proficient with edge computing principals and architecture.
- Experience working in a product development company focused on Agriculture or Life Sciences
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies.
About AgEye Technologies
AgEye Technologies is pioneering the use of computer machine vision, deep learning neural networks and IoT-connected devices to create the next generation of intelligent agriculture solutions. We’re a dedicated team of agriculturists and technologists that have a passion for digital horticulture, artificial intelligence and creating a sustainable food supply for the growing global population. Our mission is to develop technology that will help produce better tasting, healthier crops that generate more profit, while also giving better visibility into large scale indoor farming operations. We provide our employees with a rich, creative and collaborative environment to further their skills, interests and experience in their particular field, and possibly other fields in which they display interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.