Job: Data Scientist
Position Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka (IN)
- Working with the data science team to research, develop and evaluate various algorithms for data engineering and data analysis to solve different problems.
- Explore and analyze small and large scale structured and unstructured data through data engineering.
- Take ownership to drive data engineering for AI technology development to meet customer requirements.
- Deploying developed algorithms on edge devices after optimization to meet customer requirements and maintaining them for improvement to address additional customer requirements in future.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or in related fields preferred but candidates with Bachelor’s degree in computer science are also welcome to apply provided they have a strong technical knowledge and experience.
- A background in life sciences or agricultural technology will be a plus.
- Understanding about depth and breadth of machine learning, data engineering and statistics.
- At least 2 years of experience in machine learning and data engineering either in academic or industrial domain.
- Ability to transform research articles into the working solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Experience in data extraction, data transformation, statistical analysis and data modeling.
- Strong experience in using both basic and advanced image processing algorithms for feature extraction.
- Strong background in mathematics especially in probability, statistics and linear algebra.
- Proficiency in Python and related packages like numpy, scikit-learn, scikit-image, PIL, opencv, matplotlib, seaborn, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with the team and ability to present information to varied technical and non-technical audience.
- Must be able to produce solutions independently in an organized manner and also be able to collaborate in a team when required.
Preferred Characteristics (not mandatory to have all):
- Strong foundation in data structures and algorithms in Python or C++
- Advanced knowledge in performance, scalability, numerical accuracy and best practices for implementing various machine learning and data engineering algorithms.
- Proficiency with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Exposure to IoT technology.
- Experience in Agile Application Development and Scrum methodologies to develop efficient, maintainable, readable and production-ready pipelines.